Fall Call for Recipes!
I am putting together the fall edition of The Vitality Code: Eating Healthy for the Holidays guide.
I certainly have my favorites — like vanilla sweet potatoes, citrusy cranberry sauce, and turkey roasted a million different ways. And I thought it would be fun to hear from you.
Do you have a healthy make-over of a classic fall recipe?
Send it on! And if your recipe is chosen to be featured in “The Vitality Code: Eating Healthy for the Holidays” guide, you could win a $25 Trader Joe’s gift card or other really cool stuff.
1. ORIGINAL CREATION: Your Strut Your Stuffed Recipe must be an original creation or include the reference for where you found it. Recipes must not infringe on the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. (I just have to say it…)
2. PREPARATION & COOKING: Recipes must take 30 minutes or less for preparation; the actual cooking can take longer. If recipes can be eaten safely raw, even better!
3. TIMELINE: The call for entries begins on Oct. 23, 2015 and ends on Nov. 1, 2015. All entries must be received by 9:38 pm MST on Nov. 1, 2015. (That’s when I turn into a pumpkin.)
Please note: By submitting your recipe, you are acknowledging permission for me, Kathy Basel, and the Vitality Code to use and publish this recipe on www.thevitalitycode.com and tobe included in the annual holiday recipe guide.
How To Enter
To enter, send an EMAIL to: email@example.com
SUBJECT: Your recipe name
BODY: In the body of the e-mail, please include the following:
- List of ingredients with measurements (8 ingredients maximum suggested)
- Cooking instructions written as concisely as possible
- Total time to prepare (must be 30 minutes or less, cooking time not included)
- Number of servings your recipe yields
- Your first and last name
Bonus points if you include a photo of your recipe.
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY: You will receive a confirmation once your recipe has been submitted.
Inclusion in The Vitality Code: Eating Healthy for the Holidays guide will be evaluated first by an informal Review Panel on the following recipe elements (equally weighted):
- Quick ‘n Easy (33%): How easy is the preparation? Can you make it with only basic cooking equipment? Is the recipe written in a clear and concise manner?
- Visual Appeal (33%): How does the plate look? Is it colorful and appetizing?
- Sensory Appeal (33%): Does it smell good while cooking/being prepared? Does it appeal to the fall senses? Does it light up the palate upon first taste?
The Finalists will be announced in our next E-Newsletter
Winners and Rewards
Depending upon the number of submissions, the following prizes will be selected:
The Winner: $25 Trader Joe’s Gift Card.
Runner-Ups: $10 Starbucks Card.
All finalists/winners will have their names and recipes published on the The Vitality Code website!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.