Here is a tasty twist to drinking plain water that’s as refreshing as it is healthy. I call it Vitality Water. It makes me feel fancy like I’m at the spa, and it’s my signature water whenever I go to summertime gatherings.
It’s so simple to make! To a pitcher of water just add:
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Half-inch piece of ginger root, grated or sliced thinly
- Optionally add: 5 or 10 mint leaves
Refrigerate and drink to your health!
Whether you’re trying to steer clear of the sugary drinks or aiming to really help your body flush out any toxins lurking in your system, this refreshing blend will do the trick. It’s full of health benefits too:
- Lemon: Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods, helping to bring a normal pH level to the body. Too much acidity in the body can be inflammatory and ripe for disease. Lemon supports detoxification in the liver, aides in digestion and boosts your immune system.
- Cucumber: Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent re-hydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties too.
- Ginger: In ancient times, ginger was highly regarded as a spiritual cleanser and used during holy times as a way to awaken and purify the body, mind, and spirit. The spicy root helps cleanse out your system, aids in digestion, and settles your stomach.
- Mint: Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
Try all kinds of variations on this theme, such as grapefruit, orange or lime. Perhaps add zest of jalapeno. The combinations are only as limited as your imagination!
Comments are closed.