One of the best ways to break the addiction to carbs and sugars while turning your calorie-burning mechanism back on is to increase your consumption of protein.
If you aren’t getting enough proteins in your body on a regular basis and from the right sources, you’ll experience short term repercussions such as muscle weakness, fatigue and low energy. Over the long term it takes a toll on the way you age, playing a significant part in cataracts, heart problems, weak muscles leading to falls and more.
On the other hand, the good you’ll see when consuming adequate proteins can have dramatic effects on your health. Benefits include:
• Supports your immune health
• Supports your energy levels
• Supports your joint and muscle health
• Supports your beneficial gut bacteria
• Promotes your muscle strength, endurance and recovery
• Protects all your tissues’ cells via its antioxidant properties
• Provides critical amino acids and proteins for overall optimal health
• Supports your body’s optimal metabolic rate and fat burning level
As it relates to weight loss, consuming additional protein helps to build muscle mass which burns more calories than fat so you’ll be changing your body composition while boosting your calorie burning abilities. That’s why it’s an essential part of the The Vitality Code Eating Plan.
Beware: All protein powders are not alike. Many protein powders you’ll find on the shelves of your local store contain toxins such as artificial sweeteners, food dyes, and unnecessary additives and preservatives. Look for these 7 Essentials in choosing the right whey protein for you.
The 7 Essentials to Look For in Your Protein Powder
1. Protein: 15-20 gms (or more) of protein — either cold processed whey concentrate (not protein isolate) or vegan — and GMO-free & hormone (rBGH) free
2. Carbohydrates: Not more than 4-7 gms per serving
3. Fiber: 2-6 gm
4. Gluten: No
5. Soy: No
6. Sweeteners: No sugar or artificial sweeteners except for xylitol or stevia
7. Calories: Most shakes will be between 100 – 200 calories
It can be overwhelming to go to the grocery or natural foods store to select a protein powder. To make your decision easier, I personally shop online at Nature’s Sunshine which has the finest selection of whey, pea and soy protein powders available. I especially like the phytonutrients that they include with all formulas.
Check it out here.
If you like what you see, let me know and I’ll help you sign up for a free membership that gets you up to 40% off the retail price. How does it get even better than that?